The Heritage Educational Portal supports the educational process by providing training using e-learning modules and curricula built from didactic materials stored in the E-Archaeology Content Repository. Five major forms of distance learning are supported:
- scheduled course sessions with instruction and certification with content and examination available on e-learning platform and sessions delivered according to a fixed schedule;
- certification sessions with exams for certification and available according to a fixed schedule;
- open access to didactic materials on an e-learning platform, which has a form of community learning with no expert, but with discussion forums with facilitators;
- E-mentoring involving consultation with an expert available online through a chat room, skype or other synchronous or asynchronous tool;
- self-paced learning from didactic material available online on a website with no control or tracking / reporting on learners’ activity and no human support for learners.